10 Reasons Why the Church Gathers
The following post is from Casey Lewis, a pastor in Decatur, TX. It orginally appeared on the For the Church blog.
Each week on the Lord’s Day, we gather as a church in worship. As a pastor, I always look forward to Sundays. Not only do I get to preach, but I also have the opportunity to praise God alongside others, and to watch how the Lord is using our fellowship for His glory.
As Christians, we should all desire to gather together with one another as often as possible. As motivation, here are ten reasons why gathering regularly with the church is important:
(1) To be obedient to God’s command (Heb. 10:23-25).
(2) To be equipped for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:11-14).
(3) To have our minds renewed through the preaching of the Word (Rom. 12:1-2).
(4) To employ our spiritual gifts for the benefit of the church (1 Cor. 12).
(5) To evangelize the watching world through our love for one another (John 13:35).
(6) To be held accountable by other mature brothers and sisters in the Lord (Acts 18:24-26).
(7) To be discipled by older, godly men and women (Titus 2:2-6).
(8) To ease the mind of your shepherd, so he is not worrying about your soul (Heb. 13:17).
(9) To grow in our faith of the Lord Jesus Christ as we are taught His Word (1 Pet. 2:2).
(10) To be encouraged to persevere in the faith by other believers (Heb. 3:12-14).
More in Blog
October 11, 2019October 13- A Heart for Missions (Romans 15:14-21)
October 3, 2019October 6- Welcoming Each Other in Christ (Romans 15:7-13)
October 3, 2019Fasting Together 2019: A Guide for October 2019