Fasting Together 2019: A Guide for October 2019
Resources for fasting and praying for longing to see God worshiped among all peoples.
Fasting Together 2019
- Second Tuesday each month (October 8). Fast beginning after dinner on Monday (October 7), skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, then break the fast by eating dinner on Tuesday
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer, John Piper
Read and Reflect
- “Missions exists because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more.” (John Piper, Let the Nations Be Glad)
- Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions, John Piper
- Psalm 67:1-7
- Read Psalm 67:1-7 as a prayer to God
- Ask God that we would grow in our sense of his majesty and love for his glory. Pray that this would overflow in a desire to see more and more people worshiping him from all over the world.
- Pray that God would make the work of our gospel partners effective in the places where they serve, that their labors would bear the fruit of more people knowing and loving God.
- Choose an unreached people group to pray for from Joshua Project.
More in Blog
November 15, 2019November 17 - To God Be Glory Forever (Romans 16:21-27)
November 7, 2019November 10 - Final Warnings (Romans 16:17-20)
November 6, 2019Fasting Together 2019: A Guide for November 2019