Fasting Together 2020: A Guide for October 2020
Resources for fasting and praying for longing to see God worshiped among all peoples.
Fasting Together 2020
- Second Tuesday each month (October 13). Fast beginning after dinner on Monday (October 12), skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, then break the fast by eating dinner on Tuesday
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer, John Piper
Read and Reflect
- “Missions exists because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more.” (John Piper, Let the Nations Be Glad)
- Missions: How the Local Church Goes Global, Andy Johnson
- Romans 15:8–13 (Christ the Hope of Jews and Gentiles)
- Read Romans 15:8–13 as a prayer to God in your personal study (and if applicable, discuss and pray with your roommate or family as well).
- Ask God that we would grow in our sense of his worthiness of praise and a deep love for his glory. Pray that this would overflow in a desire to see more and more people worshiping him from all over the world.
- Pray that God would make the work of our gospel partners effective in the places where they serve, that their labors would bear the fruit of more people knowing and loving God.
- Choose an unreached people group to pray for from Joshua Project.