Fasting Together: A Guide for May 2019
Resources for fasting and praying for unity in relationships
Fasting Together 2019
- Second Tuesday each month (May 14). Fast beginning after dinner on Monday (May 13), skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, then break the fast by eating dinner on Tuesday
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer, John Piper
Read and Reflect
- Psalm 133:1-3
- Matthew 5:23-24
- John 13:34-35
- Ephesians 2:11-22; Ephesians 4:1-6
- James 3:13-4:3
- "What Is Christian Unity," John Piper
- Getting to the Heart of Conflict, Ken Sande
- Pray that we would remember the unity that Jesus Christ died to bring us into. (Eph 2:14-16)
- Pray that we would pursue unity despite differences.
- Pray that we would each determine to resolve conflicts as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Pray for relationships in our church that are in need of restoration and healing, that God would graciously bring this about.
More in Blog
August 23, 2019August 25, 2019-The Preeminence of Love-(Romans 12:9-21)
August 16, 2019August 18, 2019- Thinking Rightly and Serving Gladly (Romans 12:3-8)
August 9, 2019Fasting Together: A Guide for August 2019