Fasting Together: A Guide for August 2019
Resources for fasting and praying for earnest prayer
Fasting Together 2019
- Second Tuesday each month (August 13). Fast beginning after dinner on Monday (August 12), skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, then break the fast by eating dinner on Tuesday
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer, John Piper
Read and Reflect
- Earnest Prayer. In our membership covenant, we make the commitment, "I will love God's people by being slow to take offense and quick to forgive and seek forgiveness (James 1:19), exercising Christian care and watchfulness over others, refusing to participate in gossip (Romans 15:19), serving the ministry of the church by discovering my gifts and talents (1 Peter 4:101-11), developing a servant's heart (Philippians 2:3-4), and loving and praying for all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12).
- Pray Beyond the Sick List (David Powlison)
- 18 Things to Pray for Your Church (Jonathan Leeman)
- Colossians 4:12-13
- The Prayers of Paul
- Romans 15:30-33
- Ephesians 3:14-21
- Philippians 1:3-11
- Colossians 1:9-14
- 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
- 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12
- Pray that the members of our church would be devoted to consistent and earnest prayer for one another.
- Pray that we would be encouraged by one another's prayers, just as the churches Paul wrote to were encouraged as he told them of his prayers for them.
- Choose five people in our church and spend particular time today praying for them. Go through one of the prayers of Paul listed above, applying it specifically to those five people by name.
More in Blog
December 5, 2019December 8 - Jesus Comes as the King (Isaiah 9:1-7)
December 5, 2019Fasting Together 2019: A Guide for December 2019
November 27, 2019December 1 - Jesus Comes as the Savior (Isaiah 7:1-17)