Fasting Together: A Guide for July 2020
Resources for fasting and praying for unity in relationships
FASTING TOGETHER 2020
- Second Tuesday each month (July 14). Fast beginning after dinner on Monday (July 13), skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, then break the fast by eating dinner on Tuesday
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer, John Piper
READ AND REFLECT
- Psalm 133:1-3
- Matthew 5:23-24
- John 13:34-35
- Ephesians 2:11-22; Ephesians 4:1-6
- James 3:13-4:3
- "What Is Christian Unity," John Piper
- Getting to the Heart of Conflict, Ken Sande
- Pray that we would remember the unity that Jesus Christ secured for us through his death and resurrection. (Eph 2:14-16)
- Pray that we would pursue unity despite differences.
- Pray that we would each determine to resolve conflicts as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Pray for relationships in our church that are in need of restoration and healing, that God would graciously bring this about.
- Pray that we would build one another up, leading to greater unity and maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4:15-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:11)