Living With Mission: Philippians 1:19-30
By way of Paul's example, these verses give us clear instruction about how to live as a community of people who are absolutely determined to see Christ magnified through our lives. This missional mindset must be driven by a sincere joy in the extreme value of Christ himself. The mission minded Christian who is fueled by love for Christ will display that same love alongside other Christians as they try to advance the gospel together. In other words, delight in Christ should propel us towards gospel saturated living. To live this kind of life means to take the gospel to hearts and lands where it is not yet understood or not yet cherished. Pray that God would prepare your heart to receive this Word with thanksgiving and that he would give you courage to live it out and not just to hear it.
Loving God’s Glory
- Do you find yourself excited and joyful about the prospect of being united with Christ, even if that comes through death? Why or why not?
- How might the beauty of Christ affect a person to engage their entire life for the sake of his gospel?
Loving God’s People
- These verses call us to “strive side by side for the faith of the gospel.” What does this imply about our efforts towards advancement of the gospel.
- Our living should result in “progress and joy in the faith” for others. How have you been actively leading others along toward progress in faith.
Loving God’s World
- Would you say that you are determined to see the gospel advanced through your circumstances and manner of life? If so, how are you doing this?
- How might you change either your circumstances or your conduct in order to become more missional in the way you live?
- Do you regularly respond to the Spirit’s prompting to share the gospel with non-Christians? Why or why not? Give some examples.
More in Blog
July 5, 2020A Worship Guide for July 5
June 28, 2020A Worship Guide for June 28
June 25, 2020Elder Update: Coronavirus Guidelines For Our Sunday Gatherings