Regathering This Sunday
Below is our reopening plan and the precautions we are taking for Sunday.
Watch These Video Updates
Sign Up To Attend Sunday
Friends, we are happy to announce that we are meeting this Sunday for worship, though things will be a little different for a while.
Out of love for neighbor and respect for the authorities, we are having three services, limiting attendance to 100 people per service. This will allow us to spread out in the sanctuary, sitting with your family or your roommates. You’ll need to sign up (link above) and tell us which service you’ll attend. This will help us prepare.
Also, we will not have nursery, Sunday school, Adult Education or Discovering Christ Covenant for the time being.
A Few Basics
- If you have tested positive for the virus, please let us know.
- If you are not feeling well, please remain at home this Sunday.
- We also ask our senior members and others who are vulnerable to be mindful of the recommendation to remain at home during Phase 2. We are eager to see every member this Sunday, but we leave it to your best judgment about coming.
- Staff/elders/ushers/greeters will wear masks, but this is not a requirement for the entire congregation. We encourage people to bring their own mask, if desired. We will have some available in the lobby. We will also have hand sanitizer available outside the front door, in the lobby, and in the sanctuary.
- We ask that people maintain social distance as much as possible. We realize this will be challenging for families with young children. While in the building, we ask that parents keep their children close. As far as kids playing outside, this is at parents’ discretion. As unnatural as it feels, we will refrain from shaking hands or hugging for the time being.
- When you arrive Sunday, please enter the building through the Worship Center doors and exit at the office doors (center doors labeled “Offices & Classrooms”). With the 3 services in quick succession, we want to avoid folks entering and exiting at the same point. Greeters will have the doors open to prevent the touching of handles. You will enter the sanctuary through the doors on the right side of the lobby. Signs will be posted and ushers will help direct the flow of traffic.
- We ask that you move right into the sanctuary and not congregate in the lobby. A bulletin will be on every seat, placed by a gloved usher. The rows in the sanctuary have been removed. There will be groups of chairs in varying numbers. Find the best spot that matches the number in your party. Ushers will be available to help. You might consider coming a little early to help us navigate seating.
- During the service, the multi-purpose room will be available to parents with young children, if needed. As always, the prayer room will be available to moms. A changing table is now in the prayer room.
- All restrooms will be available.
- The services will be a bit shorter than usual. We will not be passing an offering plate but we have shifted to a collection box for your tithes and offerings. For this Sunday, we’ll have a box on the table near the door where you exit. You can drop your gift there or you can always give on-line.
- At the conclusion of the service, ushers will dismiss families at a staggered rate. We will exit through the doors that are indicated by the ushers and then proceed down the hallway to exit the building through the office doors. Signs will be posted and ushers will help direct the flow of traffic. We ask that you exit the building promptly and fellowship with one another outdoors, maintaining social distance as much as possible.
- An usher then will gather an assigned cleaning crew after each service and explain the various tasks and pass out supplies.
Those at Home
- The audio of the 8:30am sermon will be available on our website Sunday morning by 10:00am. The video of the sermon will be available later Sunday afternoon. You’ll also find a Worship Guide on the blog like we’ve been doing.