Clarkston Ministry Trip
June 15, 2019 to June 21, 2019
- June 15-21, 2019 | Application deadline: April 15, 2019 ($100 deposit due)
- Cost: $250
- Description: Partnering with a local church for a week of ministering among refugees
- Requirements: Anyone of at least high school age.
- Apply: cccraleigh.org/ministries/
Imagine one of the most diverse communities in America where 60-70% of the population are foreign-born, representing over 50 countries, and 100+ distinct ethnic groups. And all this diversity is compressed within 1.4 square miles. That is Clarkston, GA. Known as the “Ellis Island of the South.” We will be going to serve alongside Clarkston International Bible Church June 15-21, helping them run a week-long camp for refugee children. This trip is for anyone in high school or older, and the cost is $250 per person. Deadline for sign up is April 15.
Ministry to any refugee community requires sensitivity and a focus on meeting basic needs while helping refugees become established in a new home in an unfamiliar culture. We invite you to join us in Clarkston, GA, to walk alongside us for 1 week. You will experience an international mission opportunity right here in the US in the most densely populated zip code in the state of Georgia.
What will you do:
- Be educated on the refugee process and story.
- Work alongside partner churches and/or various non-profit ministries to serve the community
- Receive training in cross-cultural evangelism strategies
- Learn about world religions and some best practices towards engaging them with the Gospel
- Participate in simulations that will help in understanding the experiences of refugees
- Explore ways you and your church can initiate opportunities to step toward your international neighbors and not away in your own hometown.